The University of Newcastle, Faculty of Health and Medicine
Chancellors's German Scholarships
Five scholarships are available for research projects in any area of research priority.
The UON Chancellor’s German scholarship provides:
- 100% of the annual living allowance per annum*
- A full tuition fee scholarship
- Overseas student health cover
The scholarship may also include a relocation allowance (up to $1,500)
Admission and Scholarship Eligibility
• Satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5)
• Have completed at least four years of undergraduate study (Bachelor’s Degree) including a significant research training component attained at a high standard.
• A masters degree with a strong research component
• International peer reviewed research publication or research experience
30th November 2017
How to apply
For any information about the application process contact our GRC application manager Rebecca Fischer on fischer[at]gostralia.de or +49 (0)711 284 88 86.
The University of Western Australia
Scholarships for 12 research projects in Honey Bee Research
The Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Honey Bee Products is looking for up to 12 PhD students:
- Mapping of bee hive sites – Bryan Boruff
- License to operate – Clare Mouat and Bryan Boruff
- Valuing the bee credit – Ben White
- Modelling year round bee hive sites – Michael Renton
- Leptospermum bee hive sites – Michael Renton
- Leptospermum breeding for Manuka honey – Janine Croser
- Nectar production from Leptospermum species – Erik Veneklaas
- Chemistry and health benefits of WA honey – Cornelia Locher and Katherine Hammer
- Molecular markers for bee disease tolerance – Julia Grassl
- Assays to monitor bee health status – Julia Grassl
- Hygienic bee behaviours for pest management - Julia Grassl
- Marketing the honey chain of custody – Thierry Volery, Sharon Purchase and Fang Liu
Further information is available on the CRC website
The CRC will provide a 3 year stipend of $30,000 per annum via UWA. These students will have two supervisors and an industry supervisor. They will have to report on their research outcomes quarterly.
The CRC will host an annual conference and these will be held either in Perth, Adelaide or on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
If you have any question please do not hesitate to contact the responsible supervisors within the CRC directly or Dr. Michaela Krug von Vacano, krug[at]gostralia.de