Master des Monats in Australien
Master of Professional Engineering
Why Study with UON
- Relevant in the real world: connect with business through industry-based projects, guest lectures, mentorship and case studies.
- Ready for your future, ready for the world: our professional practice and leadership courses will help you develop skills in project management, complex problem solving, innovation and communications. Choose a major project that’s linked to industry or focused on research.
- Recognised by industry and globally: take your career anywhere in the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia and the Washington Accord. The Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks UON at No.8 in the World and No.1 in Australia for Automation and Control.
- Powerful learning: our smaller student cohort means you’ll have greater access to teaching staff and be part of a close-knit student community.
The University of Newcastle's Master of Professional Engineering (MPE) is a highly flexible, advanced engineering degree that allows existing engineers to develop their careers and aspiring engineers to enter the profession. Students have the opportunity to complete a 1-year, 2-year or 3-year program, depending on their chosen specialisation - Chemical, Civil, Computer Systems, Electrical and Electronic, Environmental, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Software.Students in the 2-year and 3-year program are required to complete 12 weeks of Industrial Experience.
Students who have previous work experience may be exempt from this requirement provided they can submit suitable evidence, such as a statement from their employer. Students in the 1-year program are not required to complete industrial experience.
Where could it take you?
<nav>Engineers work on a huge range of tasks in many different environments – industries like electronics, energy, food, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, construction, environmental health and transportation. Engineering continues to be one of the most in-demand qualifications in the world, with many countries desperate to fill a shortage of professional skills in this field. A Master of Professional Engineering will open up even more varied career opportunities, empowering you to take on a leadership role, start your own business or manage major engineering projects.</nav>
- Salaries: As an engineer you’ll be valued and well rewarded. Starting salaries average around $80,000p.a. In 2015, 85% of our engineers had jobs when they graduated - making the University of Newcastle one of the top 2 universities in NSW for graduate employment rates.
- Flexibility: Some engineers work 9-5 in an office, others fly-in-fly out from a project site. You might prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or managing people and projects.
- Global opportunities: As a qualified engineer you can travel the world and work almost anywhere you choose. Professional recognition through Engineers Australia lets you work in places such as Canada, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Turkey, the UK and the USA.
Weitere Informationen zum Programm findest du auch direkt auf den Seiten der University of Newcastle